The situation with COVID-19 is fluid and frequently changing. To receive the latest updates (like the one below) via email, please subscribe to our email list.
Redemption Gateway Family,
Things are sure changing quickly, eh?
After deciding to do an online service last Sunday (watch here), our leadership started meeting early Monday morning to form a plan. By early afternoon, that plan was already obsolete.
In case you haven’t followed it, two main recommendations that impact our church are:
- Governor Ducey’s request on Sunday to follow CDC recommendations that events of 50+ people be cancelled for the next 8 weeks.
- The Trump administration’s recommendation that we avoid social gatherings of 10+ people for the next fifteen days.
In light of these recommendations — and knowing the situation is fluid — here is what we are doing at Redemption Gateway.
1. We are suspending all events, classes, and services until further notice. Since nearly all of our organized ministries are larger than 10 people, this seems wise to do. (We will continue to host Estate Planning follow-up meetings as previously scheduled, as these are very small meetings.)
2. We will create a weekly “online service” that will be available beginning at 10:00am on Sundays. A few things to know:
- You can access this service either on Gateway’s YouTube channel or on our Online Service page.
- We are postponing the Countercultural Convictions series until we can resume meeting in-person. In the meantime, our weekly teaching will be related to The Lord’s Prayer from Matthew 6:7-13.
- Our kids team is producing a weekly activity for parents to do with kids — the goal is for this to be highly doable, and it can be done on Sundays or during the week. This will be emailed to parents in our database and can be accessed at our Online Service page.
- Our student pastors will also be creating new content for students that will be available on YouTube on Wednesdays at 7:00pm.
3. We are experimenting with a few other digital touchpoints during the week:
- The Daily Dose (every weekday) — a 3-5 minute dose of encouragement, truth, and Godward vision from me and other leaders — posted to YouTube and Instagram.
- Weekly Prayer Call (Thursdays at 7:30am) — I will lead a weekly 15-20 minute time of prayer via conference call. You can join easily by dialing +16699006833,,9053415957# (one touch) or by calling +1 (669) 900-6833 and entering the meeting ID 9053415957. Finally, you can use Zoom (audio only) by going to https://zoom.us/j/9053415957
4. We need to work hard to stay in touch with each other. We are a church family, and we need to stay connected via phone, text, email, or any other kinds of communication. “Social distancing” doesn’t equal isolation.
5. We gratefully ask you to continue to give financially — and to do it online. God still wants us all to trust him financially, and our mission isn’t stopping — even if some components are paused. If you normally give in person, please consider giving onlineduring this season. Good news… despite not meeting, we still met budget this week. Thank you!
6. If you are in a position where you need assistance, please let leadership know. You can reply to this email or fill out this simple form.
These are unprecedented times, and we have a faithful God. We want to be careful and concerned without becoming fearful and anxious.
Let us also be prayerful, anticipating the ways God will grow our faith in him, our love for one another, and our opportunities for gospel growth.
Because the Tomb is Empty,
P.S. If you want to see why social distancing is crucial look at this. It was really helpful in explaining this whole thing to my kids too!