Here are a number of questions for discussion in families or in Redemption Community small groups. For more information about RCs, click here.
1. What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? Why?
2. Tim Keller says that self-centeredness is “the ever present enemy of every marriage.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
3. How does the gospel transform Paul’s use of the head/body analogy to describe marriage?
4. In the sermon, Luke provided a few practical descriptions of what a mutually sacrificial marriage looks like.
(a) Which of these most resonated with what you needed to hear?
(b) What would you add to these lists?
Husbands—Love your wives
1. Use the ‘burden of the final say’ rarely and wisely.
2. Study your wife to bless her.
3. Tell her what you’re feeling.
4. Do you want a First Adam marriage or a Second Adam marriage?
Wives—Respect your husbands
1. Speak well of him to others.
2. Don’t compare him to other men.
3. Remember you made your vows to him, not your children.
4. Choose to trust him—or trust God to guide him.