Here are a number of questions for discussion in families or in Redemption Community small groups. For more information about RCs, click here.
1. Do you agree that we live in an “age of anxiety”? If not, why not? If so, what are some examples that make you think so?
2. Very few people think their god is money. Pastors almost never have members ask for counsel “because I need help overcoming greed.” Why is money such a deceptive master?
3. Worry is a big deal because it says that I care more than God, I’m more powerful than God, and I know better than God. How does Jesus challenge and give comfort related to each of these lies?
4. “Worry is praying to yourself.” What comes to mind when you hear this? How can we start worrying in God’s direction?
5. How does the gospel give us comfort to trust that our Father is with us even when he allows us to experience the things we’re most worried about?