Here are a number of questions for discussion in families or in Redemption Community small groups. For more information about RCs, click here.
1. What do you (personally) naturally desire most in your church experience: apostles’ teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread, or prayers? Why? How much does past church experience play into how we view these in our current church?
2. The apostles’ teaching (at this point in the story of the church) is not the whole Bible as we know it. How did we recognize the Bible we have today? (Here is an article to help you answer the question if needed)
3. Since we now have the full canon, it is part of the church’s role to seek God in knowing what sections of the Bible we need in this season for us. As you think about your RC or this church as a whole, what “apostles’ teaching” do you think we need today in our missional context. Why?
4. Read the following passages: John 13:35, Ephesians 4:1-6, Philippians 4:2, Galatians 6:10. As you think of your devotion to the church now, do you experience the unity described in these passages. Why or why not? What is missing from you or from the church?
5. As you think about the weeds in the community of the church (forgetting the work, forgetting the purpose of tools, forgetting the mission, forgetting the grace), which of these “weeds” do you need to confess and repent of?