Here are a number of questions for discussion in families or in Redemption Community small groups. For more information about RCs, click here.
1. What are some of the ways in which our culture’s values encourage or discourage hospitality?
2. What are some places in your life in which your Christianity makes you feel “left out?” What relational dynamics create that perception?
3. Are you hesitant to tell people about how God is at work in your life? Why or why not?
4. Do you feel the need to “have everything perfect” before helping or hosting people? Are there ways in which that is a good thing? What are some ways in which that is a bad thing?
5. Read John 11:32-44, Acts 9:39-40, and 1 Thessalonians 4:13. How do we simultaneously mourn and have hope? Do you sense cultural pressure to do either, but not both? Why do you think our culture wants to put a positive spin on everything?