Here are a number of questions for discussion in families or in Redemption Community small groups. For more information about RCs, click here.
1. Consider Exodus 20:7 (the Third Commandment) — what are some of the ways in which you see our culture using the Lord’s name in vain?
2. Stephen’s suffering (in Acts 7) sets up God’s mission (in Acts 11). It is important for us to both sense and lament the pain of life and trust that God is somehow working all things together for good. Do you have an easier time with the former or the latter?
3. Consider all the nameless disciples in the book of Acts — why do you think it is so hard for us to serve others without recognition?
4. What are the areas in your life in which God is calling you to go beyond what you can handle? In those moments, what are some ways that you are able to remind yourself that “the hand of the Lord” is with you?
5. In times that you don’t represent the name “Christian” well — how do you imagine God motivating you to change? Read Titus 3:3-7 together. Why is it significant that God motivates us with goodness and loving kindness and not shame?